The Emerging Translator Mentorship Program of the American Literary Translators Association is now entering its third year, and the 2017 cohort of translators selected to be mentored through the program – now expanded to include eight mentorships – has just been announced. Here they are:
- Madeleine Campbell (Non-Language-Specific Poetry)
- Marci Calabretta Cancio-Bello (Korean Poetry)
- Reilly Costigan-Humes (Russian Prose)
- Marlena Gittleman (Catalan)
- E. J. Koh (Korean Poetry)
- Joungmin Lee Comfort (Korean Prose)
- Zoë McLaughlin (Non-Language-Specific Prose)
- Isaac Stackhouse Wheeler (Russian Prose)
Mentors for the 2017-18 ALTA Mentorship are Mara Faye Lethem (Catalan), Sora Kim-Russell (Korean prose), Don Mee Choi (Korean poetry), Marian Schwartz (Russian prose), Bill Johnston (Non-Language-Specific Prose), and Steven Bradbury (Non-Language-Specific Poetry).
The translators selected for the program will present their work at a special lunchtime reading during the ALTA Conference in October. Have you registered yet?
For more information on the mentors, mentees, and sponsors for this program, visit the ALTA blog.